The weekly Make Indie Mainstream “Chain Reaction Series” from the Facebook Make Indie Mainstream public group.
Here’s how it works:
On Wednesdays a ‘Interviewing Artist’ who will choose (tag) another artist and ask 10 questions which will be posted here to the group.
The “Interviewee Artist’ will have the until the following Wednesday to answer their 10 questions by posting their responses in the comment box of the post. Following the artist will choose a new (another) artist with 10 new questions and post in a NEW post, continuing…g the Chain Reaction.
(Please do confer first with your chosen artist about the idea before posting so there’s a graceful way to say no ‘Thank You’ if they are not able to participate for any reason)
The first entry up will be myself (Toni Taylor-Helser) posing 10 questions to singer-songwriter Ron Kauffman.
Chain Reaction Series.
Opening the series is Ron Kauffman. Thank you so much Ron for participating. We look forward to your answers.
1. At what age did the music bug strike you? 9.
2. Do you recall a specific catalyst that inspired you to write music? … My Dad told me I couldn’t play his 4-string Martin guitar so I just hadda’ :
3. You’re a brilliant storyteller, please tell us about your writing process? …. I pick a subject that inspires me. Most are things I’ve done in the past, and a lot are things that bother me about the world. Then I write , rewrite, rewrite and rewrite until I feel I said what I want to say the best I can and hope others will relate to it.
4. As a long-time songwriter, performer, & recording artist, can you share some of your best tips for an aspiring artist?…Pray and grow thick skin. Performing…have fun, so will they. 🙂 Recording….I suck at it so my best advice is to ask someone you know for help, or learn by trial and error 🙂
5. What or who is most often your muse?……Life is always my muse 🙂
6. A little gear speak, please tell us about your favorite guitar? ….A D-45 Martin is my favorite. I play a Taylor 🙂
7. Any particular influences?…… CSNY, Neil Young, Willie Nelson, James Taylor, to name a few 🙂
8. With all that you have experienced as a musician what has the word “Success” come to mean for you?….. Success means having people listen, like and relate to what I write. Money would be nice, but that’s not why I write. 🙂
9. You have been around the music industry for awhile now, how do you see the changes impacting the industry?…..It’s a train wreck!
10. Finally Ron, who might we find you listening to on any given day? …. Anyone you see on my facebook page, Mixposure, Loop radio, Museboat, Mewsbuzz radio show, etc 🙂 I rarely listen to mainstream radio it’s the same O’ same O’ over and over. If I were listening to a CD it would most likely be CSNY’s “4-Way Street.
Thank You Toni for picking me to do this. I consider it an honor to be included.